COLUMBIA — The cold wind and brisk autumn air didn't stop MU alumni from coming to campus Friday. It gave them all the more reason to sip on hot chocolate outside of the Reynolds Alumni Center and reminisce about their college days. Here's a look at who was back and what they were up to.
- Former Mizzou Alumni Association president Melodie Powell has been back for every homecoming since she graduated in 1977.
"I'm so happy to be here," Powell said.
Saturday, Powell will march in the homecoming parade with other former Alumni Association presidents. They will throw candy and pull a decorated black and gold wagon.
- 2010 alum Christy Garofalo of St. Louis is looking forward to shopping downtown and hitting up some of Columbia's quintessential haunts, including Addison's for their signature nachos. She is also going to the homecoming pep rally on Rollins Street to see the indie-rock band Imagine Dragons.
- Bob Holliger, a 1986 alum, comes from Kansas City, and this is the first time he has made it back for homecoming.
"We've had our hotel reserved for over a year now," Holliger said.
Holliger, his wife Terry and son Noah plan to check out this year's Greek house decorations tonight.
- Earl Cannon is celebrating the fifty year milestone of his graduation from Mizzou. "I haven't been back here in a long time," Cannon said. "It gave me a reason to wear my Mizzou hat."
In front of the Reynolds Alumni Center, he and his wife, Ruby, went to find his engraved brick on the Mizzou Legacy Walk.
- Campus decorations — Decorations and vendors will be in Greek Town from 6 to 9:30 p.m. Friday.
- Concert and spirit rally — Imagine Dragons will perform in front of the MU Student Center from 9:30 to 11 p.m. Friday.
- Parade — Route through campus and downtown begins at 7 a.m. Saturday.
- Football — Kentucky v. Missouri at 11 a.m. Saturday
— Sarah Barr
Supervising editor is Emilie Stigliani.