COLUMBIA — From zombie paintball to pumpkin carving, there's something for everyone this Halloween week. Children and adults can enjoy trunk-or-treating, Halloween-themed concerts and other activities at local venues.
For the whole family:
- Tiger Night of Fun: This night provides trick-or-treating, activities and goodies for kids in the sixth grade and younger in a safe environment. The free event goes from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Hearnes Center, 600 N. Stadium Blvd.
- "It's the Great Pumpkin!" Halloween event: Kids and adults are invited to Bass Pro Shop, 3101 Bass Pro Drive, from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday for a free event that includes themed photos, crafts, trick-or-treating, "grab an apple" and scavenger hunt activities. There will be a costume parade.
Trunk R' Treat: Members of New Horizons United Methodist Church, 1020 El Chaparral Ave., will decorate their cars and pass out candy to kids and families for a safe and free trick-or-treating experience from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday.
- Trunk or Treat, Woodhaven: Woodhaven, 405 Hathman Place, will host a free trunk-or-treat from 3 to 5 p.m. Wednesday.
- Mizzou After Dark: Spooktacular and the Great Pumpkin Carving: MU After Dark will host a Halloween party with pumpkin carving, a haunted house and a costume contest. This event is free to MU students and costs $5 for the public. Dinner will be provided. Adults and children 5 years and older are invited to the event, which runs from 7 to 11 p.m Tuesday.
- Devil's Night EDM Bash: This music festival features Butch Clancy, and combines dubstep, bass and electric music from 6 p.m to midnight Tuesday at Midway Exposition Center, 6401 U.S. 40. Visitors must be 18 or older to attend. Ticket prices range from $25 to $50.
Pumpkin Carving Competition with Performances by Uptown Downers and the Last Kings: The Bridge is hosting a pumpkin carving competition with prizes that include tickets to The Bridge's Reelfoot Halloween V event Wednesday and vouchers for free beverages. The event starts at 8 p.m. Tuesday and costs $3.
Zombie Safari Fearfest: Participants can shoot zombies with paintball guns during a Zombie hayride from 8 to 10 p.m Wednesday. The cost ranges from $18 to $40, depending on the activity. The hayride and two haunted houses are located at 6402 W. Highway 40.Reelfoot Halloween V: This 3-D digital light show at The Bridge, 1020 E. Walnut, at 8 p.m., will showcase Reelfoot's new lights with advanced 3-D Video Mapping. The event costs $7. Photo booths and a costume contest will also be available at the event Wednesday.
- Joe Buck, The Hooten Hallers, Bob Reuter's Alley Ghost: Joe Buck, Missouri natives The Hooten Hallers and Bob Reuter’s Alley Ghost will perform blues-inspired music from 9 p.m. to midnightWednesday at Roxy's, 1025 E. Broadway. The theme is Mid-West Ghost Town and there will be a costume contest with a $100 cash prize. The cost is $7 to $10.
Trad is Dead: A Jamgrass Tribute to the Grateful Dead: The Whitewater Ramble and Hen House Prowlers will perform a tribute to the Grateful Dead at Mojo's, 1013 Park Avenue. Tickets range from $8 to $10. Doors open at 8 p.m. and the performance begins at 9 p.m Wednesday.