We’re nearing Thanksgiving, and whether your tradition is dressing up and baking pies or watching football in your stretchy pants (yes please!), you’ll need a feast to make the day complete. If you’re visiting from out of town or even if you just don’t want to cook, Columbia has plenty of restaurants open on Thanksgiving to make your holiday memorable.
The Whole Shebang
Looking to get that traditional, fill-your-plate, turkey and sides fix? Plenty of places in Columbia will be open on Thanksgiving for you to dine in or carry out. You can even take the credit … we won’t tell!
- Cracker Barrel: Near the intersection of U.S. 63 and Interstate 70, Cracker Barrel is serving up the traditional feast all day long in Columbia. From turkey to cornbread stuffing, you’ll be right at home.
- Grand Cru: In south Columbia, Grand Cru will host a Thanksgiving brunch from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., so make your reservations now.
- Holiday Inn Executive Center: Just off I-70 on the west side of Columbia, the Executive Center has an exceptional Thanksgiving buffet. Carving station, decadent desserts and traditional sides highlight this feast.
- The Wine Cellar and Bistro: In the heart of Columbia’s downtown, the Wine Cellar and Bistro offers carryout orders for pickup on Thanksgiving day. Executive Chef Craig Cyr’s menu ranges from turkey to ham, whipped potatoes to pumpkin cheesecake. Give them a call to reserve your order.
To Keep Warm
Cooking a family feast can be exhausting. If you need a pick-me-up or an extra jolt to make it through the festivities, head to Kaldi’s for a maple pumpkin latte or a rosemary and brown sugar latte. It will keep you perked up until the turkey’s carved.
The Sweet Stuff
For our money, there’s no better Thanksgiving dessert than pie. Here’s where you can get yours if you’re like us and can’t figure out how to make a darn pie crust.
- The Upper Crust: Pumpkin pie, bourbon pecan pie, chocolate caramel pie, pecan, banana and more. Reserve yours today online.
- The Velvet Cupcake: Located next to The Tiger Hotel in downtown Columbia, the Velvet Cupcake offers pies, cupcakes (naturally) and cake rolls (pumpkin or pecan!). Switch up dessert a little this Thanksgiving with something special and sugary from the Velvet Cupcake.
- Hot Box Cookies: Made to order and hot from the oven, Hot Box Cookies always has a variety of flavors to choose from. You can even take home their dough and bake them yourself.
This story is part of a section of the Missourian called From Readers, which is dedicated to your voices and your stories. We hope you'll consider sharing. Here's how. Supervising Editor is Joy Mayer.