advertisement

Laundry fire damages northeast Columbia duplex

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 | 6:41 p.m. CST

COLUMBIA – A dryer fire caused $30,000 in damage to a duplex in northeast Columbia Tuesday afternoon. There were no injuries.

A resident was doing laundry when the dryer caught fire. She notified the landlord, who was working on a neighboring duplex. They called the Columbia Fire Department at 2:35 p.m., according to a department news release.

Three fire engines, a ladder truck and a rescue squad arrived at 4507 Rice Road at 2:39 p.m.

Firefighters encountered heavy smoke coming from the front door and garage of the two-story duplex, according to the release. It took them 15 minutes to put out the fire.

The laundry room and living room on the first floor received fire and smoke damage. 

The fire rendered the duplex uninhabitable. The occupant said she and her three daughters planned to stay with family.

Supervising editor is Richard Webner.

 

 

 


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements