advertisement

Two dogs die in southern Boone County house fire

Friday, January 4, 2013 | 12:19 p.m. CST

COLUMBIA —A fire that might have started from the electrical circuit damaged a house at 2340 Cedar Tree Lane on Friday morning.

There were no people in the house at the time of the fire, but two of the homeowner's dogs died in the fire.

Firefighters with the Southern Boone County Fire Protection District were dispatched at 6:52 a.m. to the house in southern Boone County. They arrived at the house in about 10 minutes with an engine, tanker and rescue squad.

The fire could have been started by an overload in the circuits of the house, said Southern Boone County Fire Protection District Chief Roger Jaeger.

The fire was in the main room of the house and moved to the attic where it was "hard to reach," he said.

The 15 firefighters put out the fire in about 10 or 15 minutes, Jaeger said.

He said there was a bit of damage to the place that would take some work to repair. Arson is not suspected, Jaeger said.

Supervising editor is Simina Mistreanu.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements