You are viewing the print version of this article. Click here to view the full version.
Columbia Missourian

Two dogs die in southern Boone County house fire

By Robert Swain
January 4, 2013 | 12:19 p.m. CST

COLUMBIA —A fire that might have started from the electrical circuit damaged a house at 2340 Cedar Tree Lane on Friday morning.

There were no people in the house at the time of the fire, but two of the homeowner's dogs died in the fire.

Firefighters with the Southern Boone County Fire Protection District were dispatched at 6:52 a.m. to the house in southern Boone County. They arrived at the house in about 10 minutes with an engine, tanker and rescue squad.

The fire could have been started by an overload in the circuits of the house, said Southern Boone County Fire Protection District Chief Roger Jaeger.

The fire was in the main room of the house and moved to the attic where it was "hard to reach," he said.

The 15 firefighters put out the fire in about 10 or 15 minutes, Jaeger said.

He said there was a bit of damage to the place that would take some work to repair. Arson is not suspected, Jaeger said.

Supervising editor is Simina Mistreanu.