Columbia locations open for those seeking warmth
Thursday, February 21, 2013 | 9:54 a.m. CST;
updated 7:51 p.m. CST, Thursday, February 21, 2013
COLUMBIA — These locations around Columbia are open during the day for people looking to stay out of harsh conditions.
The Public Health and Human Services Department organizes the locations for warming centers. The locations are open to provide warmth during normal business hours, according to the City of Columbia website.
View Warming centers in a larger map
- Parks and Recreation Department
- The Armory, 701 E. Ash St.
- Roger B. Wilson Government Center, 801 E. Walnut St.
- Public Health and Human Services Department, 1005 W. Worley St.
- Closing at 11 a.m.: Columbia Public Library, 100 W. Broadway
- Missouri United Methodist Church, 204 S. Ninth St.
- Salvation Army Family Services, 1108 W. Ash St.
- Salvation Army Harbor House, 602 N. Ann St.
- St. Francis House, 901 Rangeline St.
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.