advertisement

No injuries after small fire at home of former councilwoman

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 | 10:19 a.m. CST
The burnt dryer of former First Ward Councilwoman Almeta Crayton sits outside her home following a dryer fire on Wednesday morning.

COLUMBIA — The Columbia Fire Department responded to a small fire at the home of former First Ward Councilwoman Almeta Crayton on Wednesday morning.

Crayton's dryer caught fire while her son was doing laundry. There were no injuries.

Five trucks from the department arrived at Crayton's home at about 8:30 a.m., but four left after the fire was quickly extinguished, Assistant Fire Marshal Shawn McCollom said.

McCollom suggested keeping dryer vents clean to prevent similar fires.

Supervising editor is Richard Webner.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements