advertisement

$2 million contract awarded for road improvements near Battle High School

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 | 3:28 p.m. CST; updated 6:53 p.m. CST, Wednesday, March 6, 2013

COLUMBIA — The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission has awarded a $2 million contract to improve Route Z in preparation for the opening of Battle High School this fall. 

Don Schnieders Excavating Company Inc. of Jefferson City received the contract after submitting the lowest bid of $2,052,749, according to a news release from the Missouri Department of Transportation. The commission plans to complete the project by early August.

MoreStory


Related Media

Related Articles

The project aims to increase the road's capacity and make it safer. The company will resurface Route Z and add shoulders from Interstate 70 to St. Charles Road. It will also build a roundabout at the intersection of Route Z and St. Charles Road and replace the Route Z bridge over the interstate. 

The project is funded through a cost-share agreement between MoDOT and Boone County. Boone County will fund about 33 percent of the costs, while the transportation department will fund the remaining 67 percent, according to previous Missourian reporting

Construction that requires lane closures on I-70 will be performed during nighttime hours, but the transportation department advises motorists to find alternate routes during the construction.

Supervising editor is Richard Webner.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements