IN THE WORKS: Questions and answers about the opening of Battle High School
March 31, 2013 | 6:00 a.m. CDT
Battle High School will open for summer school in June and for the 2013-2014 school year in August. This Missourian file photo was taken Sept. 28.
What do you want to know about the new Battle High School, which opens its doors for summer school in a couple of months?
Are you a neighbor, wondering about the traffic you'll encounter? Or a parent of a future student, interested in the school's leadership? Or perhaps you're just curious about what brand new high schools look like these days.
Missourian reporters want to answer your questions. Please contact education editor Elizabeth Brixey with your ideas. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 882-2632.
Below, you'll find some of the questions we're already asking, and we'd love to hear from you about what else you want to know.
- Who was Muriel F. Battle? What was her role in the Columbia community?
- What will the new school culture be like? What do we know about the mascot, the merchandise and the future traditions?
- How are the surrounding neighborhoods being affected by the construction of and opening of the school? How will traffic be managed?
- What will the student population be like? How many students will there be? What will the demographic makeup be like?
- What does the administration envision for the future of Battle High School?
- What will athletics programs be like?
- How are students feeling about the transition to a new high school? What are they excited about? What are their fears/reservations?
So, readers, what else would you like to know?
Supervising editor is Joy Mayer.