Conley Road laundromat fire caused $5,500 in damage

Saturday, March 23, 2013 | 11:11 a.m. CDT; updated 5:03 p.m. CDT, Saturday, March 23, 2013

COLUMBIA — A laundromat on Conley Road caught fire Friday night after a dryer overheated and ignited a load of bath towels, according to a release from the Columbia Fire Department.

Firefighters arrived at Robinson's Cleaners & Laundromat at 10:30 p.m. and put out the fire after a customer had unsuccessfully attempted to do so with a fire extinguisher.

Two adults and four children were in the business when the fire started, but nobody was injured. The damage to the dryer and the structure was estimated at $5,500.

Like what you see here? Become a member.

Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.