COLUMBIA — Mayor Bob McDavid has not performed well as judged by standards of the common good. McDavid mistakenly supported:
- Disregard of many and diverse citizens’ voices, concerns, recommendations, data and advice.
- Enhanced Enterprise Zones/blight debacle.
- Downtown overbuilding of expensive, single-use student apartments without parking and adequate stormwater plans.
- Not requiring developers to pay their fair share of infrastructure costs.
- Unimproved public bus system and money-losing student FastCAT buses.
- Lack of disability access, such as accommodations for Dinner Train.
- Questionable airport subsidies, airport over-building, failure to retain carriers.
Columbia needs a change for all. Sid Sullivan, candidate for mayor, has the knowledge and commitment to listen to and be inclusive in addressing the needs for:
- Solid, data-driven and environmentally-sensitive planning, zoning and development, including past and present citizen input and planning documents.
- Establishing Citizens Council to develop jobs without using Enhanced Enterprise Zones and blight.
- Affordable housing for current families and students.
- Improved zoning/environmental standards for corporate developers and requiring them to pay their fair share of infrastructure costs.
- Thoroughly improving public transportation to accommodate residents' jobs and other transportation needs.
- Increased disability access, including Dinner Train accessibility.
- Justifiable/accountable airport improvements and contracts not requiring large taxpayer subsidies.
Be a voter for Sid Sullivan Mayor on April 2.
DeAnna Walkenbach, Jeff Frey and Ken Green are members of the Committee to Elect Sullivan for Mayor.