COLUMBIA — The Columbia Police Department and Boone County Sheriff’s Department are hosting Prescription Drug Take Back on Friday and Saturday.
Residents are asked to turn in their old and unwanted prescription drugs at various locations around town for proper disposal by the Drug Enforcement Administration, according to a Columbia Police Department news release. They ask that no needles be disposed.
Friday locations and times include:
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Harry S. Truman VA Hospital, 800 Hospital Drive
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at MU Student Center, 901 Rollins Road
All Saturday drop-offs can be made from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Location include:
- Ashland High School, 14520 Crump Lane, Ashland
- Centralia Police Department Lobby, 114 South Rollins St., Centralia
- Hallsville Intermediate School Commons, 421 E. Highway 124, Hallsville
- Hickman High School, 1104 N. Providence Road
- Rock Bridge High School, 4303 S. Providence Road
- Sturgeon High School, 24350 N. Fairgrounds Road, Sturgeon
For questions contact Sergeant Joe Bernhard of the Columbia Police Department at 573-441-5470 or Maj. Tom Reddin of Boone County Sheriff’s Department at 573-875-1111.
Supervising editor is Emilie Stigliani.