Ann Fieser is the communications chair for the Hickman Lacrosse Club. The Missourian welcomes reports and stories about sporting events as part of its From Readers section.
In a hard-fought battle of the sticks on April 14, Hickman Lacrosse prevailed and won 5-4 in overtime against Fox High School. In two equally hard-fought contests last month, Hickman varsity persevered and defeated Parkway Central/Parkway North 8-7 on April 20 and Seckman 8-7 on April 21. Earlier in the season, Hickman defeated Springfield’s Glendale High 5-1. The varsity team ended their season with a win-loss record of 4-9.
The team’s three senior players, goalie John Chester (#1), attackman Tommy Fieser (#42), and defenseman Dakota Palmer (#79), were recognized at the last home game on May 4. The annual Golden Crosse game against Rock Bridge was played on May 8. Unfortunately, the coveted Golden Crosse is now displayed at Rock Bridge, as Hickman fell to them 7-3.
All players were recognized for their dedication and hard work during the May 13 End-of-Season banquet.
- Junior varsity coaches Tim Adams and Patrick Randolph presented the JV Defensive MVP award to goalie Bren Bremer (#00) and the JV Offensive MVP award to mid-fielder Gareth Greenwell (#11).
- The Hickman Lacrosse JV Kewpie award was presented to defenseman John Reiss (#31).
- Varsity coaches Jeff Devero and Daniel Hurst presented the Defensive MVP award to John Chester and the Offensive MVP award to mid-fielder Seth Livingston (#70).
- The Hickman Lacrosse Varsity Kewpie award went to Dakota Palmer, who also received the same award in 2011 and 2012.
- The coaches presented the final award of the evening, the Kenneth E. Watkins Memorial Award, to Tommy Fieser for his exemplary actions as leader both on and off the field.
We invite all Hickman alumni players to come out and play during the annual alumni game on Sunday, June 2 at 4 PM. The game will be played at the ARC field and a potluck will be served after the game; bring a dish to share.
Thank you everyone for your support over the past season; your support is greatly appreciated! Be sure to keep up with the team by checking our website at www.hickmanlacrosse.org.
This story is part of a section of the Missourian called From Readers, which is dedicated to your voices and your stories. We hope you'll consider sharing. Here's how. Supervising editor is Joy Mayer.