COLUMBIA — Columbia Parks and Recreation crews began working Saturday morning to repair damage along the city's trail networks caused by recent flooding.
According to Steph Reed, a division information officer with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, the following portions of the Katy Trail are still closed:
- MM 160-166 (west of Easley to Providence Boat Access)
- MM 168-170 (near McBaine)
- MM 179-181 (west of Rocheport tunnel to Dale Conservation Area)
Columbia Parks and Recreation Director Mike Griggs is "hopeful that by the end of the week we should be significantly caught up on the trails." He mentioned the following points on trails that still pose a hazard for users:
- Loose rock poses a hazard to bicyclists in the half-mile stretch of the MKT Nature and Fitness Trail west of Katy Place Apartments and east of Forum Boulevard.
- Rough gravel is exposed on portions of the Hinkson Creek Trail under Rock Quarry Road south to Providence Road.
- The Bear Creek Trail has been filled in with three-inch gravel, providing a rough surface for bicyclists.
Supervising editor is Jake Kreinberg.