SHOW ME THE RECORDS: Boone County real estate volume and foreclosure reports available

Monday, November 18, 2013 | 6:00 a.m. CST; updated 2:24 p.m. CDT, Monday, March 17, 2014

Each week, the Missourian highlights a government record that is available to the public. Open records help people keep government in check and help them better understand how government affects their lives. For a complete list of Show Me the Records, go to

The records: The Boone County recorder of deeds' office publishes real estate volume and foreclosure statistics every month.

Why you’d want them: These reports provide statistics about the conditions of real estate in Boone County. The Trustee’s Deeds Under Foreclosure report records the number of properties that have been under foreclosure each month since 1986. The Real Estate Recording Volume report shows the total number of property documents that have been recorded each month since 1993.

Where you get the records: Go to the Boone County recorder of deeds' website, Both reports are found under the Statistics category on the left-hand side of the page in the blue toolbar.

How much it will cost: The information is free.


Like what you see here? Become a member.

Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.