- Entertainment and activities begin at 6:30 p.m. at Flat Branch Park and Peace Park.
- Fireworks will start at about 9:15 p.m. from the top of the Sixth and Cherry parking garage. The display will be choreographed to music simulcast on BXR 102.3.
- Streets around Sixth and Cherry parking garage will be closed at 7:30 p.m. Locust will be closed at Providence Road beginning at 7:30 p.m.
- Fourth Street will be closed from Locust to Cherry streets beginning at 3 p.m.
- Parking will not be permitted on the surface lot at Fifth and Cherry Street from 5 to 11:30 p.m. or in the Sixth and Cherry Street parking garage from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Vehicles parked in these lots during these times will be towed at the owner’s expense. These lots are required safety zones for the fireworks discharge site for the Fire in the Sky display.
- Entertainment on the Peace Park stage: The band Man in the Ring.
- Entertainment on the Flat Branch Park stage: Bands The Havana Honeys and Just the 5 of Us.
- Special guests at each stage will include the Hickman High School Choir.
- Activities for kids at Flat Branch Park include obstacle courses, pop-a-shot, games and July 4 crafts.
- The celebration is free and concessions are available. Please do not bring any fireworks to the event.
- Free parking is available downtown and on the university campus.
- Police will guide exiting traffic after the fireworks show. Some streets may be made one direction only at that time to assist traffic flow.
- There will be no bus service from 8-10 p.m. Click here for the July 4 transit schedule.
What you need to know about tonight's fireworks show downtown
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Show Me the Errors (What's this?)
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.