COLUMBIA — There are a variety of places around the city for frozen yogurt, ice cream, cookies and more.
4 shops for frozen yogurt and ice cream
- Yogoluv, 201 S. Ninth St. Anywhere from 10 to 16 flavor varieties depending on location and day of the week.
- Cold Stone Creamery, 904 Elm St., next to Upper Crust Bakery and Café. Cold Stone offers a buy-one-ice-cream-get-one-free offer Tuesdays for students with a valid student ID. The creamery also makes specialty cakes but needs 24-hours notice.
- Red Mango, 1009 E. Broadway. In addition to frozen yogurt, Red Mango offers parfaits, sorbettos and smoothies.
- Sparky's Homemade Ice Cream, 21 S. Ninth St. Sparky's makes its own ice cream with both ordinary and quirky flavors, including alcoholic options. A few years ago, the place made news with its cicada flavor.
3 specialty shops for pastries and cakes
- U Knead Sweets, 808 Cherry St., next to Bank of America. U Knead Sweets offers macaroons, brownies and chocolate mousse cake among other items. Specialty cakes need to be ordered two days in advance.
- Upper Crust Bakery & Cafe, 904 Elm St., next to the Hitt Street parking structure. Upper Crust has créme puffs, cinnamon rolls and more. The location also offers a buy-one-get-one free offer for anything on the menu on Tuesdays with a valid student ID.
- Encore Wine and Dessert Bar at the Upper Crust. Encore is open only on Fridays and Saturdays from 7 p.m. to midnight. It serves gourmet dessert options such as chocolate fondue, apple dumplings, key lime pies and more.
2 places for cupcakes and muffins
- The Velvet Cupcake in The Tiger Hotel. The Velvet Cupcake specializes in a variety of cupcakes. The shop also serves Starbucks coffee and a breakfast menu.
- Panera Bread, 102 N. Ninth St. Panera offers desserts such as pecan rolls, french croissants, scones, cookies and carrot cakes.
1 locations for cookies
- Hot Box Cookies, 1013 E. Broadway. Hot Box Cookies offers a variety of cookies, cookie cakes and cookie sundaes. It also delivers cookies with a minimum order of 12.
1 candy store
- Candy Factory, Seventh and Cherry streets. Candy Factory is a family-owned business offering an eclectic selection of chocolate-covered goodies, like chocolate-covered potato chips, in addition to truffles, chocolate bars and flavored jellybeans.
Supervising editor is Jeanne Abbott.