SHOW ME THE RECORDS: Resource to help youths with disabilities transition to adulthood

Monday, September 23, 2013 | 6:00 a.m. CDT; updated 2:28 p.m. CDT, Monday, March 17, 2014

Each week, the Missourian highlights a government record that is available to the public. Open records help people keep government in check and help them better understand how government affects their lives. For a complete list of Show Me the Records, go to

The records: This compilation of resources from the Missouri Department of Mental Health is designed to help youths with developmental disabilities transition to being adults, living on their own, being employed and supporting themselves.

Why you'd want them: The list of resources helps make the transition for these youths and their parents easier. The list includes links to help with understanding benefits, housing options and rights as an adult.

Where you get the records: Go to, scroll down to Youth Transition and click on "Youth Transition Toolkit."

How much it will cost: This information is free.

Like what you see here? Become a member.

Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.