advertisement

Small building catches fire near Gateway apartment complexes

Saturday, September 7, 2013 | 10:16 p.m. CDT; updated 10:21 p.m. CDT, Saturday, September 7, 2013

COLUMBIA — A small building caught fire late Saturday night behind the StorageMart at 4000 S. Providence Road.

The Columbia Fire Department reached the scene about 9:20 p.m. and extinguished the fire by about 9:25 p.m.

The storage complex is behind the Gateway at Columbia Student Apartments. The apartment buildings and residents were unharmed. About 20 students formed a crowd around the scene, watching the fire from the apartment complex.

Five fire trucks, three fire rescue units and one ambulance responded to the call by about 9:35 p.m.

Supervising editor is Allie Hinga.

 


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements