COLUMBIA — Here is a look at some events occurring in and around Columbia this weekend.
- The Battle Spartans take on the Jackson Indians on Friday. The football teams will face off at 7 p.m. at Battle High School. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for students.
- The 22nd annual Hartsburg Pumpkin Festival will begin with the crowning of the "Pumpkin King" on Saturday morning. Though the town population is only a little over 100 people, the streets of Hartsburg are expected to flood with 50,000 visitors. The festival will run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- The fourth annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure will take place at 6 a.m. Saturday in Peace Park. Rain is possible for Saturday, but the race will happen rain or shine. Up to 75 percent of the proceeds will stay in mid-Missouri, according to the event's website.
- The Missouri Tigers head south to Athens, Ga., this weekend to battle the Georgia Bulldogs. The 5-0, 25th-ranked Tigers will take on the 4-1, seventh-ranked Bulldogs. Kickoff is at 11 a.m. Saturday.
- The MU Theatre Department is putting on productions of "Spring Awakening" as its fall musical. Performances will be at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and at 2 p.m. Sunday. All performances will be at the Rhynsburger Theatre. Tickets are $12 for the public and $10 for MU students, faculty, staff and seniors.