COLUMBIA — MU's 102nd Homecoming will take place this weekend. This year's theme is "The Black and Gold Standard."
As of late Wednesday afternoon, the National Weather Service forecast a sunny day on Friday with a high temperature of 54 degrees and mostly sunny skies on Saturday with a high of 62 degrees. Both Friday and Saturday evenings are expected to be mostly clear, with lows in the mid 30s.
Here is a list of Homecoming events:
- Homecoming Headquarters will be located in the Reynolds Alumni Center Circle Drive from noon to 5 p.m. MU merchandise will be on sale, and information about Homecoming weekend will be available.
- Campus Decorations, commonly called house decs, will take place from 6 to 9:30 p.m. in Greektown. The free event is open to the public.
- A spirit rally and campus-wide concert will be held from 9:30 to 11 p.m. in front of the MU Student Center on Rollins Street. It will include performances by the band Youngblood Hawke, Marching Mizzou and Spirit Squads.
- The Homecoming Parade will start at 9 a.m. MU Chancellor Brady Deaton and Anne Deaton will serve as the 2013 Homecoming grand marshals.
- Romp, Chomp and Stomp Tailgate is from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Mel Carnahan Quadrangle. Tickets for the tailgate will be $15 per person for card-holding Missouri Alumni Association members and $20 per person for non-members. Children 10 and younger are free if accompanied by an adult. The tailgate will include food, drinks and games.
- The MU Tigers will play the University of South Carolina Gamecocks at Memorial Stadium. Kickoff is at 6 p.m. During the game, the Homecoming king and queen will be announced.
Supervising editor is Elizabeth Brixey.