COLUMBIA — MU has raised a record $88.3 million in the first six months of the fiscal year, according to a news release Tuesday from the MU News Bureau.
MU has set a goal of raising $150 million for the entire year, which ends June 30, and is on track to exceed the record for fundraising for a single year. Over the same six months in the last fiscal year, MU raised a record $82.3 million, according to the release.
MU's new One Mizzou fundraising campaign, which is still in the planning stages, will use private philanthropy to fund scholarships, support research in MU laboratories, fund new teaching technology and build MU's endowment for the future, the release said.
The fundraising is tracked through the University of Missouri Advancement office.
Recent major gifts include:
- $1 million from Molly Bean Phelps for the Missouri School of Journalism
- $1 million from Betty Francis for scholarships
- $1 million from a confidential donor for scholarships for veterans
- $1.57 million from Charles Wall for the MU School of Law
- $14 million in confidential gifts for several schools
- $6.7 million from Jonathan Murray for the Missouri School of Journalism
Supervising editor is Elizabeth Brixey.