1. Pictures with the Easter bunny
Let your children take a picture with the Easter bunny. You’ll get a 4x6 print for free.
When: 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday; 2 to 7 p.m. Friday; 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Where: Bass Pro Shops, 3101 Bass Pro Drive
2. Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt
Bring flashlights and baskets to this event. Children will race to find their egg hunts and win prizes.
When: 7:45 to 8:15 p.m. Wednesday
Where: Stephens Lake Park, 2001 E. Broadway
Cost: $7 per child, preregistration required
More information is available at the Columbia Parks and Recreation department website.
3. Egg Hunt Eggstravaganza
Children 12 and under will be divided into three age groups for this egg hunt. Coloring, face painting and games are also part of the fun.
When: 12 to 1:15 p.m. Saturday
Where: Douglass Park, 400 N. Providence Road
More information available at the Parks department website.
4. Good Friday services
Churches hold special services on Good Friday to remember the death of Jesus Christ. Several churches in town will be holding special services this weekend. This list offers a sampling and is not complete.
- Noon at Christian Chapel (C2 Church), 3300 S. Providence Road
- 5:30 and 7 p.m., The Crossing Church, 3615 Southland Drive.
- 7 to 8 p.m. at Missouri United Methodist Church, 204 S. Ninth St.
- 7 to 8 p.m., Columbia First Nazarene, 2601 Blue Ridge Road
- 7 to 9 p.m., Christian Fellowship, 4600 Christian Fellowship Road
- 7 to 8 p.m. Good Friday Communion, Columbia First Assembly of God, 1100 N. Seventh St.
5. Easter Sunrise services
Churches often hold Easter sunrise services in addition to their regularly scheduled Sunday morning services. The sunrise services are special remembrances of Jesus Christ’s resurrection from the dead.
- 6:30 to 7:30 a.m., Missouri United Methodist Church, 204 S. Ninth St.
- 8:30 to 9 a.m. "Son-Rise" service, Columbia First Assembly of God, 1100 N. Seventh St.
- 7 a.m. Rocheport Community Sunrise Service at the Rocheport United Methodist Church, 201 Columbia Street, Rocheport.
Supervising editor is Laura Johnston.