COLUMBIA — When you first arrive at MU, you might not have a handle on everything happening around campus.
Twitter can put you one step closer to being a well-informed college student, and one step ahead of being a first-semester freshman. Follow this list of informative accounts to help you get there:
- @Mizzou A no-brainer. This gives you the major news and happenings around campus.
- @MUalert A vital follow if you don't want to get up for your 8 a.m. class in February when everyone else knows it's a snow day.
- @FreeFoodMizzou Freshmen before you have sworn by it. Not only will you be well fed and have money to spare, but you might make a friend or find a new interest with your second slice of pizza in hand.
- @MSAmizzou The Missouri Students Association is the student government of undergraduates at MU. You vote for its members, and the members use your Student Activity Fee to provide a variety of resources and programs around campus. On Twitter you can keep tabs on their activities and stay updated about student events.
- @bowtieger This is MU Chancellor R. Bowen Loftin's account. He wears bow ties often — and well. Follow him on Twitter to check up on his whereabouts, read his comments and learn to graduate from clip-ons, if you're so inclined.
- @MUBoxOffice The MSA/GPC Box Office is a Ticketmaster outlet on the main floor of the MU Student Center. You can buy tickets (or use student charge) for on-campus events and performances, as well as concerts at venues such as The Blue Note. Its tweets tell you about all tickets available for purchase, an easy way to see who's coming to MU, too.
- @DidMizzouWin Whether or not you follow Missouri's many sports teams, it helps to know why your fellow classmates are either gloomy or elated on an otherwise normal day. No need for the scoreline; the account's regular "Nope" or "Yes!" should suffice.
- @StuffToDoAtMU It's easy to get into a routine once you come to college; don't let yourself. Stuff to Do tells you about the variety of events offered from free movies to blow-up bouncy castles inflated for your enjoyment.
- @mizzoupooper Sophomoric yet practical, so you'll always know where to go and never run short of toilet humor.