COLUMBIA — Can't have fun in college until you turn 21? In Columbia, that statement is completely untrue. Here is a list of fun on- and 0ff-campus activities that don't require showing your driver's license at the door.
- Roots 'N' Blues 'N' BBQ Festival: Listen to great music and eat some delicious food at this festival running Sept. 26 to 28 at Stephens Lake Park. Admission is $85 for the weekend, with single-day tickets also available. Tickets can be purchased at The Blue Note box office, the MSA/GPC Student box office, online or by calling 874-1944. Phone orders have a $3 handling fee. The festival also includes a half marathon and 10K run that will take place on Sept. 27. Runners get discounted festival admission.
- Mizzou After Dark: Fun, alcohol-free events are held on campus from 7 to 11 p.m. each Friday. From pumpkin carving around Halloween to crafts and cooking, there is an event for nearly everyone. All activities are free with an MU Student ID.
- Lazer Lanes: Have fun with bowling, mini golf, laser tag and arcade games all in the same place. Perfect for a first date or a night out with friends. Open until midnight Fridays and Saturdays.
- On-campus movies: Popular and newly-released movies are shown weekly in Jesse Wrench Auditorium in Memorial Student Union. Free on Wednesdays and $1 on Fridays and Saturdays.
- MU Improv: Head to The Shack at 9 p.m. Tuesdays to watch a group of MU students perform some hilarious improvisational comedy.
- Avoid the 8 Ball: Billiards on Broadway is a great place in downtown Columbia to play pool, eat and hang out with friends. An hour of pool costs $6.50 for two players before 6 p.m. and $8 after. One player costs $3.55 before 6 p.m. and $5.75 after.
For more ideas and upcoming events, go to stufftodo.missouri.edu.