advertisement

Columbia man injured in cooking fire

Thursday, July 10, 2014 | 7:06 p.m. CDT

COLUMBIA — A Thursday afternoon cooking fire left one man with burns that were not life-threatening , according to a Columbia Fire Department news release.

Columbia firefighters were dispatched to the Keeneland Downs Apartments at 8 North Keene St. after a tenant reported smelling smoke and hearing a smoke alarm sounding from a second-floor apartment.

Fire crews entered the apartment of a 77-year-old man, who sustained moderate burns after trying to remove a pan of burning oil from his stovetop. The man was taken by ambulance to University Hospital.

The fire and smoke damage is estimated to be $6,500, according to the release.

Supervising editor is Landon Woodroof.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements