advertisement

Leaky pipe causes electrical fire off of Route O

Friday, July 11, 2014 | 5:56 p.m. CDT

COLUMBIA — A leaky pipe caused an electrical fire in Columbia on Friday morning.

The fire started behind a basement shower on Terrapin Hills Road, and it was put out by Boone County Fire Protection District firefighters, Capt. Martina Pounds said. The female occupant who discovered the fire escaped unharmed.

The fire was caused by water from a leaky pipe dripping onto an electrical outlet, Pounds said. Damage is estimated at around $5,000, though the house is still habitable because the fire was contained.

It took firefighters around 20 minutes to arrive at the scene, which Pounds attributed to the home's location.

Supervising editor is Seth Klamann.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements