COLUMBIA — More than 20 new student organizations have been approved for students at MU for the 2014-15 school year.
Among them are social groups and organizations for education, diversity and service, as well as support groups and service groups.
- University of Missouri Amateur Radio Club
- Christian Social Workers Association (MUACSWS)
- University of Missouri Center for the Public Trust (CPT)
- Mizzou Synchronized Skating Club
- Better Together
- Mizzou Special Events Society (MSES)
- MU Student Chapter of the Soil and Water Conservation Society
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Graduate Student Association (ECEGSA)
- Cardiovascular Medicine Interest Group
- Caribbean Students Association (CSA)
- Mindfulness in Law Society
- Sigma Phi Delta
- Native American Law Student Organization (NALSO)
- High School Outreach Program (HOP)
- A Brighter Way
- Enhanced Leaders Inspiring Through Excellence (ELITE)
They join the 750-plus student organizations already established on campus. Among the new ones are these five, with a rest listed elsewhere on this page.
1. Japanese Student Association: JSA spreads knowledge about Japanese culture throughout the university while helping new Japanese students adapt to life at Mizzou.
2. School of Medicine Public Health Interest Group: PHIG provides information about public health and allows for members of the field to build connections and receive information about academic and career opportunities.
3. Sports Law Society: The society enhances professional development in sports management and develops future contacts and networking. It also creates hands-on experience opportunities through two sporting events per school year.
4. Got Guts: This club brings together individuals affected by Crohn's or Colitis to help, support and share stories. The club will also be fundraising and raising awareness about the diseases.
5. Chronically Awesome Association: This group supports students with chronic pain or illnesses and raises awareness of the issues surrounding chronic health conditions.