Memorial Stadium's renovations expected to be ready for start of 2014 season
Thursday, August 21, 2014 | 6:00 a.m. CDT;
updated 11:31 a.m. CDT, Thursday, August 21, 2014
Completing Memorial Stadium's East Side
Cowgirl boots. Sundresses. Bow ties. Black shirts. Gold pants. Truman the Tiger and that yellow fire truck.
Football Saturdays this season will be no different. Memorial Stadium might look a bit different, though, especially the newly renovated east side.
The project will cost around $46 million and should be complete by the first game against South Dakota State on Aug. 30.
Here is a look at some of the new amenities to the east side tower:
- Expanded club seating, about 1,200 premium seats
- Expanded upper deck seating, about 4,200 seats
- Expanded concourse
- Enhanced restrooms and concession areas
- More points of entry to the stadium
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.