COLUMBIA — MU has the largest student body it has ever had: 34,935 students, according to the MU News Bureau. The first-day enrollment record was one of several set Monday, the first day of classes.
First-day numbers also show:
- The largest number of undergraduates: 27,411, up from 26,715 last year.
- The number of international students has increased 10 percent, up to 2,323 from 2,109 last year.
- The number of minority students has increased 5.3 percent, up to 5,386 from 5,116 last year.
- Students are taking almost 24,000 credit hours of online-only classes.
- The highest retention rate ever, with 86 percent of first-time freshmen returning for their sophomore year.
In the mood for some cheerful, optimistic first-day-of-school posts? Read on.
Supervising editor is Elizabeth Brixey.