“The Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute engages media professionals, scholars and other citizens in programs aimed at improving the practice and understanding of journalism in democratic societies.”
It will take up space in Walter Williams Hall, the former Sociology Building and a new structure to be built between those two buildings.
- Six Reynolds Fellows
- Twenty-two professional and support staff
- Six research assistants.
- Donald W. Reynolds Program: Research and experiments on improving the understanding and practice of journalism.
- The Journalism Futures Lab and the Demonstration Center: The Demonstration Center will experiment with software and hardware and how it can be used in journalism. The methods and prototypes from the center will then be sent for use in the Futures Lab and the School of Journalism’s media.
- Research Services and Professional Archives: The institute will help organize the various archives of the journalism organizations already on campus to maximize their use in projects.
- Intellectual Products and Service Delivery: The institute will conduct publication programs, exhibits, research summaries and workshops.