Several roads see speed limit changes
Friday, June 11, 2004 | 12:00 a.m. CDT;
updated 11:46 p.m. CDT, Monday, July 7, 2008
[Note: this story has been modified since its original posting to correct errors.]
The paving of gravel roads and the results of traffic studies prompted the Boone County Commission on Thursday to consider changing speed limits on several roads. The roads and proposed changes included:
- Frink Road, to 45 mph from 35.
- Kemper Road between Route B and Frink Road, to 40 mph from 35.
- St. Charles Road between the Columbia city limit to Demaret Drive, to 35 mph from 40.
- St. Charles Road between Demaret to the county line, to 45 mph from 35.
- Wilbert Lane, to 25 mph from 35.
- Obermiller Road, to 45 mph from 35.
- Roemer Road, to 45 mph from 35.
- Blackfoot Road between Roemer and the Columbia city limit, to 45 mph from 40.
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.