Simmons Field in Taylor Stadium is the home of MU baseball. The stadium is on Research Park Drive off Providence Road behind the Daniel Devine Pavilion.
In 1959, the team moved from Rollins Field to a new field, named in honor of John Simmons, who coached the Tigers for 34 years. During this time, the team won 11 conference titles and went to the College World Series six times. They won once in 1954 and placed second three times.
In 2000, the field was moved to its current home but kept the name. The new $2.1 million project includes a 2,200-seat stadium, scoreboard and improved fencing and lighting.
The stadium was named the Ralph and Debbie Taylor Phi Delta Theta Stadium after the donors, the Taylor family, who gave $1 million to the project.
Taylor Stadium was designed by Peckham and Wright Architects and recognized as a 2002 Merit Award winner by the American Institute of Architects.
— Jen Loehr