A fire at 3209 Skylark Lane left one person in serious condition and two others in critical condition after a small outdoor fireplace called a Chiminea was misused or malfunctioned, fire investigators said. Damages are estimated at $200,000.
The Columbia Fire Department was dispatched to the house on the south side of town at 7:29 a.m. on Sunday.
Two people met firefighters outside and said there was a party the night before and others were still in the house.
One of the men listed in critical condition jumped from a second-floor window to escape the blaze.
A firefighter suffered a sprained hand when part of the roof collapsed as he was searching for victims.