The MU Athletic Department released a timeline late Friday morning, detailing the events leading up to the death of MU football player Aaron O'Neal after a voluntary practice on July 12.
The timeline, in its entirety, is shown below. According to an MU media release,
the timeline, while not definitive, is an "estimation
based on the best information available to the institution at this time."
- 1:30 p.m.: Voluntary summer conditioning workout session began at Faurot
- 2:35 p.m.: Conditioning drills ended, with all players completing the workout.
- 2:39 p.m.: Aaron O'Neal went to the ground, as captured by a newspaper
photographer in attendance, after completing stretching drills. He then joined
his teammates in a huddle before the group dispersed.
- 2:43 p.m.: Aaron (O'Neal) began walking to the game day locker room located
underneath the south stands of Memorial Stadium, and was assisted by a teammate,
as documented by a photographer in attendance.
- 2:45-2:57 p.m.: Aaron was in the locker room with a teammate and an athletic
- 2:57-3:00 p.m. Aaron was carried out of the locker room by a teammate and
athletic staff member into the front seat of an awaiting truck located in
the parking lot south of the locker room.
- 3:03 p.m.: Vehicle arrives at the sports medicine facility in the Tom Taylor
- 3:08 p.m.: Paramedics called via 911 from the sports medicine offices.
- 3:14 p.m.: Ambulance arrives at Taylor building and assumes primary care.
- 3:30 p.m.: Ambulance arrives at University Hospital.