US Airways Express begins service in Columbia today, offering two flights each weekday and one flight each weekend to Kansas City and St. Louis. City and airline officials will hold an open house from 6 to 8 p.m. tonight at the airport.
Here are the flight schedules and information:
Columbia to St. Louis
- 6:35 a.m. departure; 7:15 a.m. arrival; Monday to Saturday.
- 3:25 p.m. departure; 4:05 p.m. arrival; Sunday to Friday.
- n 8:05 a.m. departure; 8:45 a.m. arrival; Monday to Saturday.
- n 4:25 p.m. departure; 5:05 p.m. arrival; Sunday to Friday.
St. Louis to Columbia
Columbia to Kansas City
- 9 a.m. departure; 9:45 a.m. arrival; Monday to Saturday.
- 5:20 p.m. departure; 6:05 p.m. arrival; Sunday to Friday.
Kansas City to Columbia
- 2:25 p.m. departure; 3:10 p.m. arrival; Monday to Saturday.
- 9:45 p.m. departure; 10:30 p.m. arrival; Sunday to Friday.
Cost: $59 each way plus taxes and fees
Plane: Beechcraft 1900D turboprop, which seats 19 people
For tickets, call 800-428-4322 or visit www.usairways.com.
The US Airways flights will be operated by Air Midwest, a subsidiary of Phoenix, Ariz.-based Mesa Air Group. Mesa won a two-year, federally-subsidized contract in June to provide essential air service to Columbia. It will receive an annual subsidy rate of $598,751 from the U.S. Department of Transportation.