And now for a healthier Halloween quiz.
1. Which of the following items is the source of most of the sugar in our diets?
b) soft drinks
c) baked goods
d) fruit drinks
2. Candy accounts for what percent of our sugar intake?
a) 30 percent
b) 15 percent
c) 60 percent
d) 5 percent
3. Which of these Halloween treats is healthiest?
a) Jelly Beans
c) Dark chocolate
d) Milk chocolate
4. Which is less likely to stick to your thighs (has the least amount of calories from fat per serving)?
a) candy corn
b) milk chocolate almond bar
c) Peanut M&M’s
d) Laffy Taffy
5. Which holiday accounts for the highest candy sales?
a) Valentine’s Day
6. Which civilization was the first to enjoy candy?
7. Healthier versions of candies have which of the following ingredients or qualities?
a) no refined sugar
b) no preservatives
c) are fat free and gelatin free
d) all of the above
1. b) Soft drinks, with 33 percent.
2. d) 5 percent.
3. c) Dark chocolate has high antioxidant content.
4. a) Candy corn has zero grams fat and zero calories from fat.
5. c) Halloween.
6. b) Egyptians.
7. d) all of the above