Mo. farmers eligible for snow loans

Sunday, February 4, 2007 | 12:00 a.m. CST; updated 10:57 a.m. CDT, Tuesday, July 22, 2008

JEFFERSON CITY — Farmers in 29 counties are eligible for loans to make up for agriculture losses in recent ice storms, Gov. Matt Blunt said Friday.

Blunt said the U.S. Department of Agriculture approved his request to declare the counties natural disaster areas, making available Farm Service Agency emergency physical loss loans.

“The ice storms left a trail of destruction and significant losses across the state for many Missourians including our farm families,” Blunt said in a written statement.

The declaration covers Barry, Barton, Camden, Christian, Cole, Crawford, Dade, Dallas, Franklin, Gasconade, Greene, Hickory, Jasper, Laclede, Lawrence, Maries, McDonald, Miller, Moniteau, Newton, Osage, Phelps, Polk, Pulaski, St. Clair, Stone, Warren, Webster and Wright counties.

Another 20 counties were named contiguous disaster areas, so farmers there may also qualify for FSA loss loans. Those include Bates, Benton, Boone, Callaway, Cedar, Cooper, Dent, Douglas, Henry, Iron, Jefferson, Lincoln, Montgomery, Morgan, St. Charles, St. Louis, Taney, Texas, Vernon and Washington counties.

Like what you see here? Become a member.

Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.