Board to pick leaders, swear in new members
Monday, April 9, 2007 | 12:00 a.m. CDT;
updated 4:27 a.m. CDT, Saturday, July 12, 2008
The Columbia Board of Education will meet Monday in the administration building, 1818 W. Worley St., at 7 p.m.
At its meeting, the board will:
- Elect a president and vice president.
- Consider the resignation of member Don Ludwig, which will allow for an open seat on the board.
- Look over bids from companies to build a new roof at Parkade Elementary School, which has an estimated cost of $535,000. They hope to complete the project before the start of the 2007-08 school year.
- Discuss bids from energy service companies. The winning company will evaluate the district’s buildings, find the most cost-effective way to air condition them and improve heating and ventilation systems.
- Hear a monthly budget update from Superintendent Phyllis Chase and discuss parameters to create the 2007-08 budget.
Also at the meeting, new member Jan Mees and current Board President Karla DeSpain will take the oath of office.
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.