advertisement

Picture of the week

Saturday, April 21, 2007 | 12:00 a.m. CDT; updated 7:26 a.m. CDT, Friday, July 18, 2008

John Kosash helped his friends clear out their belongings from their bottom floor apartment at Ashwood Apartments. A fire started by cooking oil left unattended in a wok destroyed two buildings at the apartment complex April 16. The blaze injured two firefighters, left 20 homeless and caused $1.2 million damage. The residents of the apartment in which the fire started spoke little English and did not know to call 9-1-1. Kosash, an MU sophomore, lives in a neighboring building.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements