Wednesday, July 11, 2007 | 12:00 a.m. CDT;
updated 4:06 a.m. CDT, Wednesday, July 16, 2008
The Columbia Fire Department announced Tuesday that less than five gallons of mineral oil spilled into Flat Branch Creek from an overheated transformer at the MU Power Plant on Sunday.
To read the full article, please sign up or login.
* Unlimited access on your
Android phone and
* All the high-quality, in-depth journalism of the Columbia Missourian and Vox Magazine, updated 24/7
* Your news. Your device. Your time.
If you'd like to read more about the value of being a member, read this column from the Missourian's executive editor, Tom Warhover.