After a long day spent preparing for their 50th wedding anniversary, a Columbia couple awoke early Saturday morning to blaring smoke alarms. According to a news release from the Columbia Fire Department, a fan had sparked a fire in the basement.
Smoke alarm saves Columbia couple and their poodle; 50th wedding anniversary celebration can go on
To read the full article, please sign up or login.
Get full access to the Columbia Missourian on your computer, phone, and tablet for just $5.95 per month.
* All the high-quality, in-depth journalism of the Columbia Missourian and Vox Magazine, updated 24/7
* Your news. Your device. Your time.
If you'd like to read more about the value of being a member, read this column from the Missourian's executive editor, Tom Warhover.