advertisement

Sprinkler douses hot-plate fire in MU building

Monday, July 23, 2007 | 2:11 p.m. CDT; updated 2:10 p.m. CDT, Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A sprinkler system prevented a fire from spreading at MU’s Engineering Building around 10 p.m. Saturday, according to the Columbia Fire Department.

The small fire began near an exhaust hood in a lab room when a hot plate was left on and unattended.

Fire fighters extinguished the remaining fire and helped clean up the water from the sprinkler system.

The damage was contained to a small area of the lab. No estimates have been released as to how much the damage will cost.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements