Officials said a smoke detector could have prevented tragedy.
Monday, August 13, 2007 | 12:00 a.m. CDT;
updated 5:32 a.m. CDT, Tuesday, July 22, 2008
ST. JOSEPH — Electrical problems appeared to have contributed to a house fire that claimed the lives of six family members. But another electrical device could have helped save their lives.
To read the full article, please sign up or login.
* Unlimited access on your
Android phone and
* All the high-quality, in-depth journalism of the Columbia Missourian and Vox Magazine, updated 24/7
* Your news. Your device. Your time.
If you'd like to read more about the value of being a member, read this column from the Missourian's executive editor, Tom Warhover.