For the most part, delivery guys say they enjoy driving around town and handing hot pies to hungry families, business employees and students. Convenient hours, decent pay and free pizza are just a few of the perks.
But no job is without its complaints, and drivers are in agreement over the following rants:
- Homes without addresses on their mailboxes.
- Apartments without numbers on their doors.
- Businesses where street numbers are missing.
- Groups that order $150 of food and leave an 80-cent tip.
- Trying to find a house on an after-midnight delivery when it’s just you and a medium deep-dish pepperoni in the car.
- Writing a check for the exact amount of an order without adding a tip.
In the dark about how much to tip? Go to this tip calculator to calculate a proper tip.
Start with this formula: It should be between 10 and 20 percent of the total bill.