Have leftover Halloween candy? Oh, from 2006?
Here are six ways to deal with Halloween booty:
1. Experiment with new desserts. Google “recipe” plus the name of the most abundant candy in your collection, and you’ll come up with “Butterfinger Crème Brulee,” “Easy Snickers Bar Pie,” “Junior Mint Brownies” and “Reese’s Mousse Pie.”
2. Buy a piñata, fill it with candy and devise a celebratory reason to invite friends to destroy it.
3. Bring the candy to your office and leave it in the break room. This method can also be used to dispose of surplus Girl Scout cookies (even if you bought those cookies from the boss’ daughter).
4. Save it for winter holidays. Two-month-old Tootsie Rolls are perfectly acceptable stocking stuffers.
5. Donate it. Assisted-living facilities, pediatric hospitals and church groups might have use for excess sweets. Just be sure to call the organization ahead of time and steer clear of donating candies with nuts and peanuts as these are common allergens.
6. OK, just eat it.