ASHLAND — A fund has been set up at Boone County National Bank to help Joe and Katherine Quinn, whose home and its contents were destroyed in a fire in Holts Summit on the eve of Thanksgiving Day.
Firefighter Jim Elliot, Holts Summit Fire Protection District, said the station received an emergency call on a house fire at 11439 County Road 4031 at 11:25 p.m. Nov. 21.
Elliot said the fire was a chimney fire.
The Quinns and their cat escaped unharmed.
Joe Quinn said Tuesday that he and his wife did not have time to salvage any of their belongings. He said the value of lost property was still under investigation.
At present, the Quinns are living with family in Hartsburg.
Contributions to the fund can be made to Joe and Katherine Quinn Fire Fund, c/o Boone County National Bank, 405 E. Broadway, Ashland, MO 65010.
Donations may also be left at any branch office of Boone County National Bank. Donations must be received by Dec. 22.