John M. Nowell, III's Profile
- “The Historic Nifong Park is one of Columbia's best kept secrets. The Heritage Festival is just one good example ...”
- “Some good suggestions listed.
Although closed for the Christmas holiday, The Boone County Museum on Ponderosa avenue has all the ...”
- “Thanks for the laugh, Ellis.
When I drive by the library, the recycled scrap iron looks like two praying mantis ...”
- “The biggest problem with downtown Columbia is that the owners and employees arrive prior to opening and park as close ...”
- “Best wishes to principal Kristie Wolfe. When finished, it will be the most picturesque HS campus in Columbia.
I especially ...”
- “If the festival organizers could just get the city of Columbia health department to relax their regulations about food handlers ...”
- “" President Barack Obama's health care law has been in effect now for a year..."
I thought that a Federal ...”
- “Frank, I couldn't agree more. Well said.
My step-mother used an electric scooter and had a converted van like ...”
- “Here's my prediction; it won't be used anymore than the current overpass.
I don't see why Getabout ...”
- “Shawna Sheeba and Mike Martin said it best, not much else to add.
The city council needs to understand the ...”
- “I applaud Andrew Schneider for being proactive. I just don't know why we need to waste tax payer dollars ...”
- “I like the idea of extending the meter hours until 9:00 p.m., however I would prefer that they ...”
- “The use of other people's money aside, I'm sure the 8-10 foot wide sidewalk will improve the water ...”
- “"We have been subsidizing these garages since we started building the first one behind the City Hall 20 to 25 ...”
- “Years ago, the council voted no on lengthing the hours of meter enforement. I don't remember their reasons why ...”
- “I agree Jeremy.
If Carrie Gartner is really interested in promoting downtown businesses, then step one is to figure out ...”
- “I don't recall the same concerns and angst over the pedway from Green Meadows Rd. to Old Plank Rd ...”
If your intent is to make Missourians more healthy, let's take your reasoning to it's logical conclusion-ban ...”
I appreciate your frankness, and your sense of humor, however your information is incorrect.
"In fact, Social Security has ...”
- “A noble cause worth pursuing, however the city makes it a secondary priority when other projects are involved.
The two ...”
- “Well said, Marion Webb.
I suppose that the statues at the library are "more pleasing to the eye" to the ...”
- “Averaging good times and bad times the overall performance of the stock market is about 11.5% gain during a ...”
- “Well said Clara. Congratulations to Shiloh owner Tom Atkinson for erecting the wall in the first place. The "law of ...”
- “Guess what folks, if their stated objectives are met, then expect higher utility bills. No government department (in this case ...”
Your comment is correct. I might just add that the real difference is what happens to the money paid ...”
- “I wish the Gordon family and their neighbors well in this effort. Our family lived on Lathrop/Thilly for over ...”
- “I'm all for promoting downtown Columbia. One of the problems as I see it is street parking. I feel ...”
- “"Watkins said his proposed budget would close a nearly $2 million budget gap by focusing on reductions in personnel and ...”
- “Passing a new city reg. is fine and dandy, but it won't be enforcable until we have more police ...”
- “Well, the education hasn't been too effective. I did see two cyclists using a hand signal yesterday to make ...”
- “"That stretch of road contains two school zones ...."
Would some one enlighten me as to where the second school zone ...”
- “said Fourth Ward City Councilman Jerry Wade. "It is part of the transformation that's going to have to take ...”
- “All the marketing in the world won't help downtown Columbia unless some of the basic principles of businesss are ...”
- “Is there a city bus route that would take people to Moser's grocery and back home? If not, it ...”
- “I hope that the stamp becomes a reality. If you are a fan of history, and especially local history, Helen ...”
- “I hope that the funds will be available to restore the interior at some future date also. He used to ...”
- “Poster Robert Craig said it best! I remember in the early 1970s when Newsweek's cover story was the comming ...”
- “On the street signs with high turnover, why not just rivet them onto the pole rather than bolt them in ...”
- “Interesting discussions. One thing that was not mentioned in the article or comments is that Kwansaa is a made-up holiday ...”
- “Once again, the City Council is flexing their muscle, and attemping to bully a hard working, TAX PAYING private citizen ...”
- “Mr. Hayden's domments are right on the money! I too agree that Boone County owes Chief Paulsell a great ...”
- “I used to enjoy Charles Chips that were sold in local grocery stores, but have not seen them for several ...”
- “It would be of interest to me to know how many of the smaller store sites East of the Wal ...”
- “Interesting article. HOW MUCH DID THE PULPER COST TAX PAYERS?”
- “Great Photographs!”
- “The 10K is a waste of tax payer's money, and if approved, the 255K shows total contempt. There is ...”
- “A question for the journalist;
Why is it that "The Toyota car dealership was exempted from the architectural standards?"
- “My first question was how long will the application process take, and when will the commission reach their decision? Justin ...”
- “Conrete? There's a real back to nature surface. Where is the outcry from the watershed advisory board members. The ...”
- “Nice picture of the second place winner. WHO WON FIRST PLACE??”
- “There is not much depth in the article. There is no mention of where the school is located. Are the ...”
- “In the article, it mentioned;
"the city is considering to reduce the number of traffic collisions in the area."
- “Who owns the land?”
- “If the objective is to make it safer for non-motorized transportation, (pednet), I have two comments;
1) Encourage pedestians to ...”
- “I assume by the information from your article that Hy-Vee has actually purchased the building and land it sits on ...”