Anton Berkovich's Profile
- “"For students such as Alyssa Essers, 20, financial aid is the only way she can afford college."
Not buying a ...”
- “John M. Nowell, III or Robert Craig, could you please post a link to a peer-reviewed article from a scientist ...”
- “I don't think Jesus ever preached that you should point out hypocrisy in others.”
- “The Evangaliban strike again.”
- “"There is one country with more jailed journalists: China, home to 1.3 billion people, has 28 behind bars."
- “I'd like to see statistics on the severity of the injuries from getting in an accident on a trail ...”
- “I hope a student who gets caught for plagiarising simply has his lawyer point out the school encouraging fraud with ...”
- “"Two powerful objections to this unnatural doctrine are the question of who really determines morality and what constitutes harm. In ...”
- “Casey, if marriage was between the same sex, how would your life be any different? I'm asking sincerely, and ...”
- “Chuck doesn't need credible sources! He got his education at the most credible school around; the school of hard ...”
- “Nope. There are plenty of drugs that are not physically addictive. Please know what you're talking about before you ...”
- “Here is a better visual of the above info, ranking both physical dependence and physical harm.
- “Here's an interesting graph depicting mean harm ratings of inidividual drugs:
- “"Josh Maloney listens to his iPod before the Douglass High School graduation at Columbia College."
Uh, that's an iPod?”
- “Rick, don't bother replying to Charles' posts on this subject since his original point was clearly made-up to begin ...”
- “I'm sure you have, Charles. Pretty hard-hitting, convincing evidence you got there.”
- “I don't think the dead care either way. They're dead. Whatever your position on the death penalty is ...”
- “This is what happens when you have people who don't understand technology making policy decisions about technology.”
- “"He obviously did some research noting that my biography (I am not sure which one), does not indicate that I ...”
- “So it sounds like they'll just be doing normal police duties downtown? How is this special? They'll be ...”
- “I don't understand why these American automakers are going under. I thought all of the American automaker CEOs always ...”
- “Ironically enough, I wouldn't be against stricter laws for getting a car or driver's license. Too many people ...”
- “Farm subsidies should have been eliminated years ago.”
- “- PS...who was it that said legal gun carriers were the safest and most law-abiding people around, again?”
- “I wonder if the 7 year old boy kill while in his parents' car on a public road would still ...”
- “"I have also been accepted to MSA for this year and I am extremely vexed at the thought that our ...”
"...Now, the University of Missouri is taking my advice and "requiring" journalism students to buy ...”
- “If students get a free iPod touch every summer for buying an Apple laptop, then why do they need to ...”
- “"..or GANGSA' RAP copycats will stop preying on each other, our children, the non-black community and our community-at-large. "
I have ...”
- “It seems like this decision is made and not much can be done about it. Either way, J-School teaching faculty ...”
- “PS - To clarify, the Missourian DOES have RSS feeds, but the site's design is so backwards that you can ...”
- “If these are to be used for simply downloading podcasts, why doesn't the school simply recommend a podcast-capable device ...”
- “This story is on Gawker now:
"Congress is debating whether journalists should be ...”
- ““The reason we put required on it is to help the students on financial need,” Brooks said.
No, Brooks. The ...”
- “"Place me as deciding vote. I am will to think for the state if none are qualified."
Can it be ...”
- “"There is a total lack of good, morals and character in the middle east. That by no means excusing the ...”
- “It is very naive, Charles, to think that everyone in the African American community calls each other that word. Since ...”
- “"Also, if the author could link to any studies that say that decriminalizing certain drugs would lead to "more dependency ...”
- “Really, none of your reasoning for decriminalization is sound, Rose. "Free" access to drugs would get more kids hooked? Who ...”
- “"Furthermore, I think, the free access to drugs would encourage more children to participate in drug activity."
So why do ...”
- “"The diversity of the stalls was mirrored by the people visiting them. Most of them shared a similar concern: Save ...”
- “"The Aftermath of Gun-Free School Zones
created by the 1990 Crime Control Act
1776-1990 214 years = 7 incidents
1990-2007 17 ...”
- “Maybe it's just personal philosophy, and I understand the economic necessities, but I just feel that schools should encourage ...”
You bring up some interesting points, and I would like to comment on a couple. I think anyone would ...”
- “"You all looked at this right? I'm assuming by this talk about linux distros you didn't. Mizzou isn ...”
- ““I am speaking in reference to various Linux distros and alternate browsers such as Opera (which I use), Firefox, and ...”
- “"Microsoft's track record has been improving of late when compared to other operating systems/software providers."
In what regard ...”
- “Terrible idea to be going with Microsoft for email services. A school shouldn't promote the services of one particular ...”
- “"In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the ...”
- “How was I putting it down? Are you saying the industry isn't dying?”
- “I really hope the lawyer in that particular case sees the 1st comment and gets the trial overturned.”
- “^Is this really the type of person we want serving on a jury?”
- “It'd be appropriate to, Amber, seeing as this is about zombies, and journalism *is* a dying industry.”
- “And please, it's lose, not loose.”
- “Sara, the question isn't whether the bar gets your business. No one cares, honestly. The question at hand is ...”
- “Charles, should any location that has handicapped access charge higher prices or admission prices to just those people who use ...”
- “What will protesting for an abstract term accomplish? As liberal as I consider myself, I think these people need to ...”
- “Guy, you seem like an intelligent guy. So please, do not waste the effort of logical reasoning and sound thinking ...”
- “"When cops decline to take polygraph tests you know they are guilty..."
No, you don't. What an idiotic statement.”
- “Clearly, Jack Hall is a more qualified lawyer and knows more about the case than the ones involved in the ...”
- “How about we just raise the IQ requirements to become a police officer and then we'd have less of ...”
- “For responsible parents, this is a non-issue.”
- “Interesting that the J-School admins are so in love with a country that literally denies to its journalists what values ...”
- “I propose the use of commas, Charles.”
- “I wonder if Chuck is for the outlawing of alcohol, since that would surely reduce domestic abuse and help children ...”
- “Would putting chips into our arms improve our grammar? If so, you should go for it Jeff.”
- “"If that is a peace sign that is one lazy are attempt at a peace sign. When you flash the ...”
- “It isn't, but since when do people expect the Missourian to be competent?”
- “Also, why is the first document essentially blank”
- “You'd think that they'd be transparent enough to acknowledge that they forgot the document titles instead of trying ...”
- “Very professional and smart of the Missourian to post three documents to the side without any explanation or description to ...”
- “""Acting on a mistaken drug trafficking suspicion, a SWAT team broke down the door of the town mayor and his ...”
- “Looks like someone can smoke pot and still win the most Olympic gold medals in history. Incredible!”
- “You probably haven't heard much of "them" (McVeigh) because he was one person, Chuck.”
- “Based on Ray's argument above, I'd say that then christianity
"Those who follow CHRISTIANITY, (to the extreme manifistaton ...”
- “What about anti-abortionists who bomb clinics? Are they Christian terrorists? Groups like:
Army of God
The Lambs of Christ
- “What about the KKK? Do they fall under a Christian terrorist group?”
- “If he hadn't resisted arrest, then that wouldn't have happened...”
- “1. More than 98 percent of convicted felons are bread users.
2. Fully HALF of all children who grow up ...”
- “Nope, because you know nothing about a murder charge.”
- “On the recession, you wrote "Hardly anybody saw that coming, either."
That's not true at all.”
- “MEEHAN: If you want it, stay. You don't, leave.
RATHER: You can't give me a figure: these are ...”
- “I know of that book. It's a sham.
RATHER: Does the program work? Do the kids get off drugs ...”
- “Uhuh, seems like you know exactly what you're talking about.”
- “Can you please explain to be how pot is a gateway drug "no matter how much people want to protest ...”
- “Must be true then!”
- “If you think marijuana should stay illegal because some people have had their lives ruined from it (which I highly ...”
- “Clearly, Missouri hates its troops.”
- “How do you know these people wouldn't have been like that (skipping school and whatnot) even if they didn ...”
- “I don't think anyone at a "treatment facility" is there because of marijuana...”
- “Jay, much of the tax you pay for gasoline goes towards highways, so if you want cyclists to start paying ...”
- “The French also helped us win our independence in the Revolutionary War.”
- “"What an eyesore, and what a joke. I see one motorized scooter and two bikes taking up space meant for ...”
- “Good. Unlike the Muslim family that was in the news earlier this week, this guy deserved what he got.”
- “What video tape?”
- “"A spokesman says Blunt will continue to live with his family in Springfield."”
"High school students in Maryland are using speed cameras as a tool to fine innocent drivers in a game ...”
- “No, they're not valid.
Stop living in Imaginationland.
- “Archaeologists don't say some invisible imaginary guy in the sky was responsible for destroying those cities.”
- “OR how about none of that stuff ever happened?! What a crazy idea that is!”
- “or read I Am Legend. I assure you it is nothing like that crappy movie that bears no resemblance to ...”
- “Why are you putting random phrases in quotes?”
- “Could the drivers get away with counter suing for emotional distress? I know that if I hit a girl and ...”
- “That's cool that the author didn't feel like leaving the area of Big 12, Starbucks, and Noodles and ...”